Although long marriages are rare in Hollywood, the solid bonds of some couples have proven that love can be stronger than the temptations of fame. And as we watch them over the decades, we come to understand that, as with any couple in love, the key to the durability of a marriage is commitment and devotion, and that this must always come equally from both parties.
1 Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness have been married for 26 years.
2. Pierce Brosnan and Keely Shaye Smith, married 21 years.
3. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, married 34 years.
4. Tom Selleck and Jillie Mack, married 35 years.
5. Julia Roberts and Daniel Moder, married 20 years.
6. Brad Hall and Julia Louis-Dreyfus, married 35 years.
7. Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson, married 42 years.
8. Tina Fey and Jeff Richmond, married 21 years.
9. Frances McDormand and Joel Coen, married 38 years.
10. James Brolin and Barbra Streisand, married 24 years.
11. Jackie and Adam Sandler, married 19 years.
12. Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker, married 25 years.
13. Robin Dearden and Bryan Cranston, married 33 years.
14. Jim Carter and Imelda Staunton, married 39 years.
15. Chynna Phillips and Billy Baldwin, married 27 years.
16. Sting and Trudie Styler, married 30 years.
17. Bonnie Bartlett and William Daniels, married 71 years.
Which famous couple would you put on this list? Do you think these loving couples have some special secret that allows their marriages to be so strong?