Statistics show that people who believe in bad luck have more accidents on Friday 13. Our brains also seem to remember only the unlucky occasions – for example, if we drop an egg on the floor, the memory stays with us long after we have failed to drop it hundreds of times. We found 17 people who would like to press the “reset” button on their terrible day.
1. “This tree fell and took the whole lawn with it”.
2. “My friend’s car was crushed by a tree this morning after some strong wind”.
3. “I started at a new job and was told that they recycle earplugs at the end of every shift. I think I’ll buy my own instead.”
4. “I dropped my fryer on my wooden floor.”
5. “There was a big storm the other day and this happened to my friend.”
6. “The watermelon that I grew”
7. “That’s my luggage and it’s not on the plane”.
8. “I have shy bladder syndrome and have walked into my worst nightmare”.
9. “The only time I decided to drive instead of cycling was halfway to work.”
10. “I just wanted to make myself some orange juice.”
11. “So began my friend’s Friday the 13th”
12. “I’ve seen it in the movies, but I never dreamed it would happen in real life.”
13. “Just so you know, you can’t fit a 3 metre long pipe in a Toyota RAV4.”
14. “I ate a huge bag of nuts mix for about a month. I got to the bottom and found 3 rusty screws.”
15. “If you were a cat, there’s a 9/10 chance your name would be “Socks”.”
16. “The ceiling in my bedroom collapsed.”
17. “The tenants called me today to say that the toilet cannot be flushed, the plumber went there.”